Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Beginning of my Adventure

On the way to Africa I thought a lot about the people and especially the orphans that I will be ministering to this summer. I couldn't help but remember though, that I am not an orphan, I have in fact been adopted. Ephesians 1:5 says that In love, God predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. Not only did Christ die for my sins, but through Him I have become an adopted child into the family of God. No longer should I have a spirit of fear, but I can cry out "Abba!" to my heavenly father.(Romans 8:15) Is that beautiful or what? My goal this summer is not just to minister to these people by meeting their physical needs, but to show them the gospel. The gospel that tells them that they too, can be adopted into a family far greater than any here on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment